Over the past two years, we’ve seen a shift in the way brands promote their products or services on social media.
And, as social media popularity continues to grow — we reached over 3.7 billion social media users globally in 2021 — brands aren’t just wondering how they’ll engage huge social media audiences next year. They’re also asking, “What social media trends should I expect in this constantly changing landscape?”
To learn more about what brands can expect in 2022 and beyond, HubSpot’s Blog surveyed over 1,000 marketing professionals to learn which trends B2B and B2C businesses will leverage in 2022. Additionally, I spoke with social media experts and dug through HubSpot and Talkwalker’s 2022 Social Media Trends Report to uncover unique perspectives on the upcoming year.
Below, I’ve compiled ten expert or research-backed trends social media marketers should watch and leverage in 2022. Let’s dive in.
- TikTok will dominate the social media space.
- Reaching new audiences will become the number one social media goal for businesses.
- Companies will make more dedicated social media hires.
- Augmented Reality will become consumers’ preferred way to try-on products and interact with brands.
- Businesses in the B2B space will increase their investments in Instagram and Twitter.
- Influencer marketing will mature in 2022.
- Social advertising will become more sophisticated.
- Businesses will invest in more long-form and short-form content, as well as live audio chat rooms.
- Social selling demands will grow.
- Consumers will crave snackable content.